Monday, January 14, 2013

A Day In My Sleeve

In addition to sharing my weightloss, I thought I would share a typical day of food.  Here it goes:

Breakfast: 1 egg with cheddar cheese
Snack: 3/4 piece of string cheese
Lunch: 1 1/2-2 oz of italian dressing marinated chicken breast (canned)
Snack: 1/4 cup of sea salted cashews
Dinner: 1/2 turkey burger topped with cheddar cheese and bbq sauce

I am capable of eating anything I want in very small portions, however, I try to stick to protein.  Since the hormone which controls hunger is removed with the Gastric Sleeve, I no longer get hungry.  Although,  I still haven't gotten out of the habit of saying, "I'm hungry."  Old habits are hard to break, even when they've been removed from your body!

As time goes on, since this surgery, I am continuously learning new things about myself and able to do more.  My energy levelis greater than it has been in 14 years.  It amazes me!  The only regret I have is not doing it sooner.

I hit a milestone this week...75 lbs!  Yay me!  New picture attached!

Be Blessed!
Sleeve Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment