Saturday, February 9, 2013

Recipes

Hello friends!  I have spent the last several weeks in a stall only losing 4 lbs and under a lot of stress due to health problems with my daughter.  So, I apologize if you feel neglected.  You'll get over it!  Haha, kidding.  I'm going to use this post to share a little about my diet and share some of my recipes.

My diet:  I am supposed to have 64 fl oz of fluids and 60 g of protein per day.  However, I rarely get to either goal much less exceed.  I try to keep my calorie count below 800 per day and have only exceeded once.  The goal is to get fluids in and protein first (before veggies and carbs.)  For the most part, I have not added in carbs with the exception of here and there mostly when I eat out.  I have a difficult time getting in my protein without adding food that will fill me up faster.

My recipes:

Mozz Fonduta
1/3 cup of italian blend part skim shredded cheese
1 egg
2 tbsp of plain greek yogurt
1 tsp of thyme

Mix ingredients and place in ceramic dish.  Place on low broil until top is spotted mostly brown.  Enjoy! (this tastes just like Olive Garden's Smoked Mozzarella Fonduta) P.S.  in the later stages, I add chopped grilled chicken for extra protein.

Chicken Pesto w/ Goat Cheese

1 can of canned chicken breast (I've also used chicken cutlets cooked in the crockpot)
2 tbsp pesto
1 tbsp goat cheese

Mix chicken and pesto.  Top with goat cheese (I even add a little sundried tomatoes) and place in oven on low broil until cheese softens.  Enjoy!

Italian Dressing Chicken
1 can of canned chicken breast
1 cup of light italian dressing 

Mix and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.  Enjoy!

Egg, Cheese, and Turkey Bacon Mini Quiche
3 eggs
4 slices turkey bacon
1/3 cup shredded cheese
1 splash of milk

Chop bacon and mix all ingredients together.  Pour into mini cupcake pan and bake on 350 for 10-15 mins. Enjoy!

Ricotta and Turkey Pepperoni Mini Quiche
1/3 cup skim ricotta cheese
chopped turkey pepperoni
1 egg
1/3 cup part skim mozzarella shredded cheese
1/4 cup marinara sauce

Mix all ingredients.  Place in mini cupcake pan and bake on 350 for 10-15 mins.  Enjoy!  

Egg Salad with Dill
3 boiled eggs
2 tbsp of fat free mayo
1 tbsp of mustard
2 tbsp of dill (the seasoning,not the pickle:)

Chop eggs and mix all ingredients.  Chill for at least one hour.  Enjoy!

This is the majority of my meals.  As you can tell, I haven't stopped loving food; I stopped wanting it. I snack on string cheese and cashews as well throughout the day.  I'm a very picky person so my food is limited to that.  I pre-make the majority of my meals once a week and package them individually with my vacuum sealer or snack size baggies.  And, YES, I have saved a lot on groceries.  My son feels inclined to tell me that frequently too! :)

Until next time...

Be Blessed!
Sleeve Sister


No comments:

Post a Comment